Twin Devils is a D&D 5e campaign run by Bob Boberton. The world it takes place on is known as Xibalba.
Map of Xibalba
There are many homebrew elements to this game, some anchored in other RPG systems, others original. See the Mechanics section below for a complete list of customizations.
Racism Incarnate - the Players
The party is currently level 9
Neither Nor- Deuteragonist, scientist wizard
- Tarn Ulfram - Support, elder mage
- Walter Amon - Unknown, mentioned only in Thoma's diary
- Nine - Unknown, mentioned only in Thoma's diary
- Urist Zaghat - Warforged, faked death to hunt chosen, currently residing in Temple of the Traveler
- Fosco Raffolk - Duplicitous Halfling
- Wida Kather - Dragonblood Knight
- Hamus Xabar - Soup Samurai
- Rytha Ellariel - Unknown, mentioned only in Thoma's diary
- Roge Humbeorht - Paladin of Liberty
- Serielye Indulias - Unknown, mentioned only in Thoma's diary
- Thingolf Doredir - Unknown, mentioned only in Thoma's diary
- Silver - Barbarian / Ranger
- Aethen Atrix - Millne's adopted daughter
- Ryka - Antagonist, Seething Nuclear Chaos
- Adze - Wandering Pugilist
- Dralphye Borne - Unknown, mentioned only in Thoma's diary
- Haunde Tarna - Unknown, mentioned only in Thoma's diary
- Government of Londolond - the city council and administration.
- Believers of the Source - Believes everyone has a chance at apotheosis through work.
- Dustmen - Inventors and thinkers trying to advance the world technologically and philosophically.
- Zhentarim - A quasi-legal spy and smuggling network operating through legal fronts.
- The Chosen - A group of agents that has been working against the party and their allies.
- First Shields Company - A mercenary band that specializes in hunting/poaching rare and dangerous creatures.
Londolond is ruled by a monarch, but it is a mostly ceremonial position. The true power in the city lies with the City Council, in which 12 guilds hold a single seat (usually held by the guildmaster):
- Order of the Gauntlet - clerics & paladins, fighting evil and providing for the impoverished
- Emerald Enclave - rangers & druids, protectors and restorers of nature
- Silver Twilight Lodge - mages! wizards/sorcerers/warlocks
- Harpers - spellcasters & spies - equality & oppose abuse of magic, rogues/bards/warlocks/sorcerers
- Virtuous Synergy - alchemist, tinkerers, engineers led by Adall
- Brotherhood of Coin - merchants, jewellers, finery, taverns/inns
- Guild of Builders - masons, carpenters, stoneworkers, teamsmen/laborers
- Master Metalworks - forges, smiths, miners, armorers, farriers
- Confederation of Provisioners - farmers, shepherds, bakers, grocers, hunters, butchers, salters, brewers
- Honest Tradesmen - misc. crafting - coopers, cobblers, saddlers, leatherworking/tannery, tailors, weavers, bowers, fletchers, glassmakers, stonecutters
- Fellowship of Trust - scribes, papermakers, map/chart-makers, surveyors, clerks, doctors
- Mercenary Council - represents mercenary and adventuring groups on the council